Monday, August 22, 2005

Dad returns to the world.

The day we all dreaded. Back to work.

Leaving the abode this morning felt like chopping my arm off. Seems like the most unnatural thing in the world, to have a baby and just leave her and her mother at home to fend for themselves. But, hey, baby food ain't free... Well, bad example, but you get the idea.

The good news is we all survived, though I did so with the help of a lunchtime nap in the car. Arrena decided to take it somewhat easy on Mommy. Or, at least she decided not to completely take advantage of her outnumbered (one-on-one? score one for Arrena).

I returned home to find the little one newly knocked out on Mom's chest, both of them laid out on the couch. I wanted so desperately to snatch her up into my arms. But sleep, even for the baby, is hard to come by so I was convinced to be patient.

I'm told leaving will get easier each day. That's a scary thought. I don't want to believe I could ever get used to the idea of leaving my baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home