Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Mom Chimes In

I guess it's time for me to get my two cents in. Considering how tired I am, this may only be worth a half-penny. Life with Arrena has been exciting! I fully plan to recount to her, time and time again, how I went through 15 hours of labor for her. I know that others have gone through more, but SHE doesn't know that yet, so I plan to milk it for all it's worth. Oh, the pain!

Now that she's here, life has changed dramatically. While Robert was home, we were able to tag team her - slapping hands and jumping out of the ring when one of us felt overwhelmed. Now, it's just me, and I think I'm doing o.k. First of all, the girl is still alive. I think that's a good first step. Second, I'm alive - though just barely. We fill our days with non-stop fun. We wake up, one of us is usually crying (but she calms me down quickly), and we move to the living room and put on some classical music. Yeah, she's snobby like that. We fill the day with eating (her), getting diapers changed (uh, HER), and sleeping (sometimes, I get to join in). We take walks, we visit with her friends on the activity gym mat, and occasionally we take a turn on the swing (it mainly puts us to sleep). That actually takes up a lot of time. I try to sneak some work in here and there, but it's hard to conduct a phone call when you have a baby threatening to scream at every second. I'm getting precious little done for work (i.e. less than I usually do).

Oh well, it's for a good cause. She's more amazing every day. Getting bigger, more brilliant, more beautiful. But, of course, I might be biased.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mommy & Daddy and Little Miss Arrena!

Just making a quick visit to your jounral. I pray that God continues to bless you each and everyday!

Miko

August 25, 2005 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! Good lord, how you both possibly spew forth such pithy and amusing witticisms on such little sleep? Now THAT's talent.
You are an amazing little family unit. :)
Bri

August 26, 2005 9:13 AM  
Blogger samantha said...

If you're still standing, you're OK!! There were two pieces of advice we got that really helped in these first few months: 1) sleep when she sleeps (forget the chores, the work, the world around you...everyone will understand..you have a newborn!); and 2) take help when it is offered. If someone asks you what they can do to help, let them do your dishes or laundry!

August 30, 2005 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello family....

This is one of Arrena's cyber aunties from WC. Just wanted to say hi and take a peek in on the beautiful Arrena. What a blessing!!

I love reading your thoughts about her and parenthood as each day goes by.

Be blessed!!

Tracie

September 02, 2005 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mommy and Daddy

It's Arrena's auntie Leslie. Wow times have changed...and improved. I had to write all of my "mommy thoughts" down on a special wall journal - with photos taped and captioned written in black marker that smudged on contact. The Internet is a wonderful thing. Thanks for sharing.

Arrena is a precious baby and with you two as parents she will never get less than an A+ on her written assignments in school (smiles). I can't wait to meet her.

September 02, 2005 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home