Monday, August 07, 2006

We survived the 1st year!

Year One is in the books, and we're still going.

Of course now the warranty has expired, and the real fun begins. Here's our little daredevil riding her rocking horse (courtesy of her cousin Kayla!).


I know everyone says it, but this first year seemed to fly by. Just a blur! Woo!

Lots of change, lots of change. In addition to the bundle of screaming, pooping joy, there were other new things in our lives. We moved -- a half mile away. I got a new job (okay, my company was bought). New cable company. Man, who can keep up?

Yeah, so the main change to our outside lives is that we have much less of an outside life. Surprise, huh? But the girl? Remember this:


That was one year ago today. Since then, we've lots and lots of firsts. First sounds and first foods, first toy and first book, first time sitting up and first time sleeping through the night. We've had a first word ("Hi!" -- we know it's a greeting because it's accompanied by a wave). And today, one year to the day, we got a first step! Out little girl is ready to takeoff. She'll be asking for the keys next week.

It's true that this year seemed to fly by, but in many respects it seemed be a very long year. It feels like a long, long time ago when I first held her in my arms -- when she was able to fit in my arms. I know a lot of people say this as well, but since we're kicking around the cliches, I'll say it too. I can't remember my life before Arrena.

But that's okay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Arrena's dad said...

It's not that I remember life before Arrena, so much, but I know I used to watch Letterman. Even without late night tv, it's been a glorious year.

August 07, 2006 11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., it's official - I'm totally in love with my niece! She is such a beautiful, sweet character. I swear that she understands everything you say to her. On my last visit, I asked her what she'd been up to, and implored her to "tell me everything". She proceeded to get up and demonstrate her ability to walk across the room - then sat down and looked back at me for my reaction! After much cheering and clapping of hands, she got up and walked back over to me with her arms out. Well, that made my entire summer. Kisses to my "Puddin' Pop"!! (where on earth did I come up with that nickname?)

August 30, 2006 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home